**ALL JONESPORT/BEAL'S SCHOOL WILL BE OPEN FOR IN-CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION**
MOOSABEC CSD/UNION 103 SCHOOL REOPENING PLAN
APPROVED BY SCHOOL COMMITTEES
AUGUST 12, 2020
PHYSICAL HEALTH AND SAFTEY CONSIDERATIONS FOR IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION
· TOUCHLESS TEMPERATURE KIOSKS ARE INSTALLED IN ALL THREE SCHOOLS. ALL STUDENTS AND STAFF MUST PASS THROUGH THE KIOSK BEFORE ENTERING THE BUILDING. ANY STUDENT OR STAFF MEMBER REGISTERING WITH A TEMPERATURE OF 100.4 DEGREES OR HIGHER WILL BE SENT HOME. STUDENTS WILL BE ESCORTED TO AN ISOLATION ROOM AND PARENTS WILL BE ASKED TO COME TO THE SCHOOL TO TAKE THEIR CHILD HOME.
AN ISOLATION ROOM WILL BE ESTABLISHED IN EACH SCHOOL IN CONSULTATION WITH THE SCHOOL NURSE AND PRINCIPAL
· STUDENTS TAKING THE BUS WILL HAVE THEIR TEMPERATURES TAKEN BEFORE GETTING ON THE BUS. IF THE STUDENT HAS A FEVER OF 100.4 DEGREES OR HIGHER, THE STUDENT WILL RETURN HOME AND NOT BOARD THE BUS.
· STAFF AND STUDENTS WILL BE ASKED TO DO A SELF-ASSESSMENT OF COVID-19 SYMPTOMS ON A DAILY BASIS. SEE APPENDIX FOR THIS SURVEY
· SCHOOLS WILL ADD SANITIZING STATIONS AND DEVELOP HANDWASHING PROCEDURES AND FREQUENCY. STUDENTS WILL HAVE A SCHEDULE FOR FREQUENT HANDWASHING.
· ALL STAFF AND STUDENTS WILL WEAR FACE COVERINGS IN SCHOOL AND ON THE BUS. PRINCIPALS CAN ALLOW ANY STUDENT OR STAFF MEMBER TO WEAR A SHIELD INSTEAD OF A MASK WITH SPECIFIC MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION.
· STUDENTS AND STAFF WILL TAKE OUTSIDE BREAKS PERIODICALLY. CLASSROOM WINDOWS WILL BE OPEN WHEN WEATHER PERMITS
· STUDENTS MUST BE SEATED AT LEAST 6 FEET APART WHEN EATING LUNCH IN THE CAFETERIA OR GYMS.
· STUDENTS WILL REMAIN WITHIN THEIR CLASS POD AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
· SCHOOLS WILL NOT HOLD LARGE GROUP GATHERINGS SUCH AS ASSEMBLIES, LARGE GROUP RECESS, ETC
· ALL CUSTODIANS WILL BE TRAINED AND SUPERVISED IN CLEANING AND DISINFECTING PROCEDURES. THE COVID GRANT INCLUDES TWO PART-TIME CUSTODIANS WORKING FROM 3:00- 8:30 EACH SCHOOL DAY FOR CLEANING AND DISINFECTING.
· SIX FOOT MARKERS WILL BE PLACED NEAR BATHROOMS, LOBBIES AND OTHER ENTRANCES. ALL SCHOOLS WILL PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING TO THE MAXIUMUM EXTENT PRACTICABLE 3-6 FEET AS REQUIRED. CLASSROOMS THAT CANNOT SOCIALLY DISTANCE WILL MOVE TO THE GYM FOR CLASS.
· STUDENTS MUST WEAR A MASK WHEN ENTERING A BUS. IF A STUDENT DOES NOT HAVE A MASK, ONE WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE DRIVER.
· ONE STUDENT PER SEAT, THE SEAT DIRECTLY BEHIND THE DRIVER MUST BE OPEN. FAMILIES WILL BE ALLOWED TO SIT TOGETHER.
· SEATS IN THE BACK OF THE BUS MUST BE LOADED FIRST AND THEN MOVE FORWARD. THE BUS SHOULD BE EMPTIED FROM THE FRONT AND THEN THE BACK.
· STUDENTS WILL NEED TO PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING (3 FEET) WHEN EXITING THE BUS.
· SEVERAL WINDOWS SHOULD BE SLIGHTLY OPENED TO IMPROVE AIR VENTILATION.
· THE BUS WILL BE SWEPT AND SANITIZED AFTER THE COMPLETION OF EACH ASSIGNED ROUTE.
· SHARED CLASSROOM MATERIALS/OBJECTS:
Teachers should do the following with respect to shared objects:
• Discourage the sharing of items that are difficult to clean or disinfect.
• Use “Don’t Touch” bins for stuff that has been used and needs to sit for a few days before being used by another student.
• Keep each child’s belongings separated from others’ and in individually labeled containers, cubbies, or areas.
• Ensure adequate supplies to minimize the sharing of high touch materials to the extent possible (e.g., assigning each student their own art supplies, manipulatives, and other equipment) or limit the use of supplies and equipment by one group of children at a time and clean and disinfect between use.
• Avoid sharing electronic devices, toys, books, and other games or learning aids.
• Remove any furniture, toys, rugs, and other items that make spacing for social distancing difficult or that cannot be easily cleaned each
TYPES OF INSTRUCTION OFFERED:
REGULAR IN-PERSON CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION:
· ALL STUDENTS WILL RETURN TO SCHOOL FOLLOWING ALL THE CDC AND STATE RE-ENTRY GUIDELINES.
· ALL STUDENTS MUST WEAR A MASK. STUDENTS THAT CANNOT WEAR A MASK DUE TO A DOCUMENTED MEDICAL REASON MUST WEAR A FACE SHIELD. MASKS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR STUDENTS THAT DO NOT HAVE ONE AVAILABLE.
· FACILITIES WILL BE SANITIZED AND DEEP CLEANED DAILY.
· STAFF ARE EXPECTED TO BE AT SCHOOL EVERY DAY, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
· ALL STUDENTS WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ATTENDANCE AND FOR PARTICIPATING.
· PARENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO TRANSPORT THEIR OWN CHILDREN, IF POSSIBLE.
· PARENTS AND VISITORS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT. • PARENTS WILL NEED TO DROP OFF AND PICK UP THEIR STUDENTS FROM THE DESIGNATED AREA AT EACH SCHOOL AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THE BUILDING.
· STUDENTS AND STAFF WILL DO A SELF-HEALTH CHECK EVERY MORNING BEFORE COMING TO SCHOOL
· STUDENTS AND STAFF WILL FREQUENTLY WASH HANDS AND SANITIZE THEIR HANDS THROUGHOUT THE DAY AND AFTER TOUCHING CERTAIN OBJECTS AND PERFORMING CERTAIN ACTIVITIES (LUNCH, BATHROOM, CLASSROOM SUPPLIES, ETC.) HAND SANITIZER STATIONS WILL BE PROVIDED THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL.
· SCHOOLS/BUSSES WILL BE DISINFECTED DAILY AND HIGH TOUCH AREAS
WILL BE WIPED DOWN FREQUENTLY THROUGHOUT THE DAY
· DUE TO THE SMALL SIZE OF OUR SCHOOLS AND LIMITED STAFFING, OUR HYBRID MODEL WILL INCLUDE THE POSSIBILITY FOR LIVE CLASSROOM BUT NON-INTERACTIVE STREAMING.
· IF THE SCHOOLS ARE OPEN FOR REGULAR IN-PERSON CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION, THE HYBRID MODEL OF LIVE STREAMING CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION WILL OCCUR ONLY IF THE SCHOOL HAS SUFFICIENT BANDWIDTH TO LIVE STREAM A CLASS.
· IN ANY HYBRID MODEL, TEACHERS WILL TAKE THE ATTENDANCE OF ANY STUDENT PARTICIPATING REMOTELY AND STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE GRADES BASED ON ALL EXPECTATIONS OF IN-PERSON CLASSROOM PARTICIPATION
ALL REMOTE INSTRUCTION:
· IN THE EVENT OF ALL REMOTE INSTRUCTION, GOOGLE CLASSROOM WILL BE THE PREDOMINATE PLATFORM FOR ALL SCHOOLS. LOWER GRADES MAY ADOPT A PLATFORM MORE SUITABLE TO VERY YOUNG STUDENTS
· ALL STUDENTS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH A LAPTOP COMPUTER FOR REMOTE HOME INSTRUCTION
· ALL STUDENTS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH HOT-SPOT INTERNET CONNECTIVITY IF FAMILY HAS NO INTERNET HOME ACCESS
· STAFF WILL TAKE ATTENDENCE OF ALL STUDENTS THROUGH THE REDIKER PROGRAM
· ALL STAFF WILL BE EXPECTED TO WORK FROM SCHOOL, NOT HOME, IN THE EVENT OF AN ALL REMOTE INSTRUCTION
· ALL STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE GRADES AS THEY WOULD FOR IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION
WHAT TO DO IF A STUDENT OR STAFF MEMBER TESTS POSITIVE OR IS ECPOSED TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS:
· THE SCHOOL WILL NOTIFY THE MAINE CDC OF ANY INSTANCE INVOLVING A CONFIRMED CASE OF COVID-19 AMONG ANY STUDENT OR STAFF MEMBERS. THE SCHOOL WILL FOLLOW PROCEDURES ESTABLISHED BY THE CDC FOR SCHOOL CLOSURE, CLEANING, AND REOPENING FOLLOWING A CONFIRMED CASE.
· RETURN TO SCHOOL PLAN FOR STUDENTS WHO HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19. Our schools will comply with CDC recommendations regarding Students’ return to school after testing positive for COVID-19. Under the current CDC guidance, a student who has tested positive for COVID19 will NOT be able to return to school until: ● the student has gone three days without exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, and at least ten days have passed since the student’s symptoms appeared; OR ● the student has received two negative COVID-19 test results from specimens taken more than 24 hours apart.
· Students who believe they have been exposed to COVID-19 should STAY HOME, CONTACT THEIR TEACHER / PRINCIPAL, follow CDC Guidelines for quarantine and self-isolation, and contact their Doctor. Students who have been tested and the results were negative should communicate those results to their Teacher / Principal. Once done, the Principal may allow the student to return to school. Students who have not been tested but who have exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 may not return to school until the student has gone three days without exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, and at least ten days have passed since the students’ symptoms appeared.
SELF-ASSESSMENT QUESTIONS: DAILY BY ALL STUDENTS AND STAFF:
Do I feel unwell today?
Do I have a cough or sore throat?
Do I have a fever or do I feel feverish?
Do I or have I had shortness of breath?
Do I or have I had a loss of taste or smell?
Do I or have I been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms within the past 14 days?
Do or have I been living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
Have I been out of state in the last 14 days?
If the answer is yes to any of the questions, stay home.