« Go to List of "What's New"

AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN (ARP) LOCAL PLAN FOR SCHOOLS

August 24, 2021

                                            MOOSABEC CSD/SCHOOL UNION #103 PLAN FOR THE USE

                                                   OF AMERICA RESCUE PLAN (ARP) FEDERAL FUNDS

                                                                                 August 2021

Greetings to All-

 

Jonesport Elementary School, Beal’s Elementary School and the Jonesport/Beal’s High School have been awarded $875,998 in federal ARP funds to help the schools address needs arising from the COVID-19 pandemic. At least 20% of these funds are to be used to address learning loss identified by the schools and with projects to assist with academic recovery. The remaining 80% are for additional projects to address issues related to the pandemic.

 

LEARNING LOSS AND ACADEMIC RECOVERY

 

The schools will devote $175,199 to various projects to identify and address academic losses. These projects will include:

 

** High-quality tutoring at Jonesport Elementary

** Increased Response to Intervention training for teachers to improve Tier 3 interventions with struggling students at Jonesport Elementary

** Developmental Reading Assessment and literacy consultation to identify readers who are below grade level and intervene with literacy strategies to get students caught up at Beal’s Elementary

** Academic recovery teacher at JBHS to address student deficits in any academic area

** Student counseling and evaluations to address any social/emotional needs arising from the pandemic at all three schools

 

 

OTHER PROJECTS TO ADDRESS COVID RELATED NEEDS

 

The schools will devote $700,798 to address other COVID related needs:

 

** $641,552 will be devoted to payments for the new air quality/ventilation systems being installed at all three schools.

 

** $30,000 will be devoted to increasing hours at the central office to account for all the extra administrative hours needed to manage the more than $1.3 million in various COVID federal projects.

 

** $29,246 is devoted to additional special education instruction and related services owed to students who missed services last year

 

 

 

 

 

Documents on this website indicated as "PDF" are provided in Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (.pdf), requiring an Acrobat Reader software to view. If you would like to receive a document in a different format, please contact our office for assistance.